Winter 2021 Reign Plans

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Winter 2021 Reign Plans

Postby Porkins » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:08 pm

Greetings Citizens,

Porkins here, this post is to help you decide in the upcoming confidence vote for Monarch. I will share a bit of my experience and qualifications and then include a few position statements down below.

As many of you know, this is not my first step into kingdom office and I have served long and well enough to have been awarded a Master Crown in 2019. Professionally, I work for the State as a licensing regulator and academically I recently earned my MA in industrial and organizational psychology. Because of my background I think I am uniquely well suited to addressing upcoming challenges in Westmarch.

Theme: Much like my first reign, I plan to have a general Amtgard theme. Due to more global problems, I think we all have missed Amtgard enough that I will leave the fancier reign themes for the next monarchs. For now, I desire Amtgard so expect my full efforts in getting events going next, Darkshore, Flurbtastic, Westmarch Wars, Feast of Mars, more events like Conclave, etc.

Covid: To have Amtgard we have to address the ever-present health concern and I think a simple flexible standard is best. My policy as King would be to have lands follow all CDC and local health official guidelines. Monarchs should continue to award credit for participation in whatever manner they wish.

Various committees: I think committees accomplish certain tasks well but have distinct limitations. I do commit myself to each one of the projects the kingdom has going and look forward to working with the various groups and inviting new voices to the table, but I would expect some of the committees to change to taskforces or cohorts of some kind. I am working with the current monarchy on developing better succession plans and overall am very supportive of having this sort of organizational framework stepping into office.
In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these- Paul Harvey
Porkins

Return to Important Westmarch Issues