Westmarch Midreign 13 August 2022

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Westmarch Midreign 13 August 2022

Postby ravenb » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:46 pm

I may have been a bit tardy in this announcement, but we have been working on a new server and now it seems up and running!!! (Thanks Azus)
Westmarch Midreign will be hosted at the VFW Township Post 8990 Kruitof Way, Fair Oaks, CA 95628
https://vfw6158.org/

13 August 2022

event starts at 11 am
here is the schedule:
Summer 2022 Westmarch Midreign.

11 am doors open

11 am-1230 entries for
Dragonmaster

11 am-12noon
signups for
Weaponmaster

1230-3pm Dragonmaster judging

2-3pm tentative Beat the Feast

12 noon until 3
Weaponmaster WLS
format tournament

3-4 pm tentative Zombie
battlegame as time
permits

4 pm feast

430 pm Court

5 pm Ravyn’s knighting
ceremony

6 pm Roarks' reeving class
730pm tentative battlegame

8 pm-9 pm site cleanup
ravenb

feast menu

Postby ravenb » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:23 pm

Just one more thing for today: here is the menu for feast. Please post below, or PM me, if there are any concerns with the menu as far as allergies/intolerances go:
pulled pork
BBQ chicken (Pappys seasoning, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic)
corn tortillas
Black beans (olive oil, carrot, onion, celery, Pappy's seasoning)
shredded lettuce
grated cheddar cheese
possibly grated queso for the beans
sour cream
salsa (commercially prepared, not handmade)
cilantro (in a small dish off to the side)
chopped green onions
Leon's hot sauces
tortilla chips
Yours in service,
Archduchess Ravyn
ravenb

literature submissions for Dragonmaster

Postby ravenb » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:24 pm

If you have literature submissions for Dragonmaster, please PM them to me by midnight tonight, Sunday 7 August
Ravyn
ravenb

Dragonmaster outline

Postby ravenb » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:25 pm

Dragonmaster will be conducted according to the WM Corpora with the following amendments:
1. Dragonmaster will be held in an inside large meeting room. This room will be the room also used for feast, Court, and the knighting ceremony. Because it is inside, we will be asking for proof of vaccination, and if no proof, please wear a mask if you are not eating or drinking. Please. This may seem like we are going backwards, but there is currently another COVID surge.
2. Because of the wonderful site we have secured, there is a requirement that no sodas or alcohol be brought onto the site. Therefore, there will be no “alcohol” submissions allowed in the Food category, beverage subcategory. NO EXCEPTIONS. Alcohol brought onto the site imperils our being able to use the site again, as well as more importantly, the site’s ABC license.
3. If you submit a Food item, please provide your own disposable, single use serving items and utensils.
4. Literature submissions need to be sent to Jodi Van Tine no later than 6 August at 11:59:59 pm, to allow for distribution to the judges. They be submitted to Jodi Van Tine via FB messenger, or through gmail to ravenskullsmasher@gmail.com. Please also bring a hard copy to enter.
Dragonmaster categories and considerations will follow Section 4. Cultural events, as outlined in the Corpora.
If you would like to send me a list of your items with their category, subcategory, name and description ahead of time, that is encouraged, but not necessary.
Items will be accepted between 11 am –2 noon. 1. Judging will be from 12 noon-3 pm.
Please post any questions, or if there is anything I need to clarify.
Yours in service,
Archduchess Ravyn
Regent of Westmarch
ravenb

Return to Important Westmarch Issues