End Reign Award recomendations?

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Ryuke » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:31 pm

kirbsys wrote:What was it? And if it knocked someone over why was it allowed on the field in the first place?

GO take a look at the pics that Milan posted somewhere... photobucket I think... there's also a link in one of these threads...
Ryuke

Postby LAG » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:37 pm

kirbsys wrote:What was it? And if it knocked someone over why was it allowed on the field in the first place?

And Annie (Kai's Daughter) is VERY small (She is like 2). The "Death Spider"
was like 3 times her size and she just happened to be in it's path when launched. It was ALL Fun Noodle and Duct Tape though....

Go find the Pic :roll:
LAG

http://www.cup-n-coin.com
~~~
Read the Rules, Read the Rules, Read the Amtgard Rules!
It's Called a Corpora, And It's important!

~~~
LAG

Postby kirbsys » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:42 pm

Oh I though you meant Anne, alright then, that makes more sense. Also, now that I've seen it, seriously someone needs to sit that kid down and have a talk with him about legal weapon construction.
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is."

Omnia Dicta Fortiora Si Dicta Latina.
kirbsys

Postby Milan of Amber » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:19 pm

kirbsys wrote:Oh I though you meant Anne, alright then, that makes more sense. Also, now that I've seen it, seriously someone needs to sit that kid down and have a talk with him about legal weapon construction.

I actually gave him one of my swords. A beautiful brand new golf shaft, nylon cover, new fun-noodle, electrical tape and packing tape - Light as Flurb beauty.

he tossed it in the truck after about 30 seconds and started swinging his ultra illegal katana instead. during which time, the actual padding came off the blade mid-swing. (this is a true story, ask those who were there) I sent him to the truck to go grab my blade to use it... he left... and came back, with his retaped katana, SANS my sword. needless to say, he walked back to the truck again, reminded of why he went over there.

next week I'll give him a talkin to.

(groan)
Since 1978
Milan of Amber

Postby LAG » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:10 pm

Milan of Amber wrote:
kirbsys wrote:Oh I though you meant Anne, alright then, that makes more sense. Also, now that I've seen it, seriously someone needs to sit that kid down and have a talk with him about legal weapon construction.

I actually gave him one of my swords. A beautiful brand new golf shaft, nylon cover, new fun-noodle, electrical tape and packing tape - Light as Flurb beauty.

he tossed it in the truck after about 30 seconds and started swinging his ultra illegal katana instead. during which time, the actual padding came off the blade mid-swing. (this is a true story, ask those who were there) I sent him to the truck to go grab my blade to use it... he left... and came back, with his retaped katana, SANS my sword. needless to say, he walked back to the truck again, reminded of why he went over there.

next week I'll give him a talkin to.

(groan)

Yeah.. I think we may have to have a weapons construction class. In his defense he does try hard and I can understand the desire to use you own stuff (since it took me a while to build up my stuff and gear up but I think perhaps some lessons wouldn't hurt.

Milan was very generous to give up a well made, good weapon as well. Props for the assist. He just needed/needs to use it is all.
LAG

http://www.cup-n-coin.com
~~~
Read the Rules, Read the Rules, Read the Amtgard Rules!
It's Called a Corpora, And It's important!

~~~
LAG

Postby dieterbron » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:34 pm

Hmm if he did what you say he did. Using an illegal sword, and then purposly not using a legal one. Then maybe taking the blade away from him is about the only option. If need be next week, (depending on the whole transportation thing) I will show up at noon and teach anyone who wants how to make weapons, and shields. If he shows up after the classes, I will take him aside and show him how to make a proper sword and do what I can to make sure that his "Katana of DOOM" is removed from the field, or at least safe, before every battle......other then that I can't do anything with authority.
dieterbron

Postby Milan of Amber » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:09 pm

dieterbron wrote: I can to make sure that his "Katana of DOOM" is removed from the field, or at least safe, before every battle......other then that I can't do anything with authority.

His weapons were not allowed on the field of amtgard. When he was using his Katana of doom, We were hitting ourselves with sticks, branches, and stalks of bamboo that we had jerked off trees and uprooted. (last weekend was less than organized)

He asked to see if his weapons (including the death star) were legal and they were shot down, we let him use them for the day only.

(the actual quote was "you can use this until Tremere or Dieter show up")

I did instruct him on how to make it legal. If he shows up this week attempting to use it again, then we know we have an issue. Otherwise, he was allowed to use it on the field.
Since 1978
Milan of Amber

Postby Cadogan » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:10 pm

Yeah i got that katana thwacked across the small of my back, i think there was no padding, only shaft cause that poo poo hurt!