End Reign Award recomendations?

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Xeno » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:54 pm

Milan of Amber wrote:
His weapons were not allowed on the field of amtgard. When he was using his Katana of doom, We were hitting ourselves with sticks, branches, and stalks of bamboo that we had jerked off trees and uprooted.

And we had a damn good time with it.
Xeno Masaki
Official GM of Megalodons
Xeno

Postby kirbsys » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:23 pm

Fiks wrote:
Azus wrote:Dare I ask what this death star is?

That's no moon.

This lead to endless starwars qhoting in chem the other day. I went to school after reading that, andmy friend (who gets beat up on fairly often) was talking about how he gets madder every time he gets hit and eventually hes gonna get stronger and hit back, I immeadieatly said "So you're saying if I strike you down you'll become more powerful than I can imagine?" and it pretty much continued from there.
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is."

Omnia Dicta Fortiora Si Dicta Latina.
kirbsys

Postby Arthur_MacG » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:16 am

kirbsys wrote:
Fiks wrote:
Azus wrote:Dare I ask what this death star is?

That's no moon.

This lead to endless starwars qhoting in chem the other day. I went to school after reading that, andmy friend (who gets beat up on fairly often) was talking about how he gets madder every time he gets hit and eventually hes gonna get stronger and hit back, I immeadieatly said "So you're saying if I strike you down you'll become more powerful than I can imagine?" and it pretty much continued from there.

Tell him to take steroids and bring him out to Amtgard...We'll teach him how to fight in outnumbered combat.

Or just tell him to gouge the eyes of the next dude/people who is/are beating him up.
ImageImage
Recipient of 1st order of the "you funking suck"
Arthur_MacG
Intimidating Board Presence

Postby Tremere » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:31 am

Two words... Throat strikes

or

Junk stab

Seriously you can teach someone enough self defence in 2 hours to ensure they never get bullied again if they are serious about preventing it.
Tremere

Postby dieterbron » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:35 am

After what I learned yesterday, and the result is that I am sore as all #$%@, the human body is weak and there are SO many things that can be done to stop some one in their tracks with one move.
dieterbron

Re: End Reign Award recomendations?

Postby Milan of Amber » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:41 pm

bump
Since 1978
Milan of Amber

Postby LAG » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:22 pm

Milan of Amber wrote:bump

Are we still making recommendations?? 8)
LAG

http://www.cup-n-coin.com
~~~
Read the Rules, Read the Rules, Read the Amtgard Rules!
It's Called a Corpora, And It's important!

~~~
LAG

Postby Tremere » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:56 am

You can still make recommendations for awards. Anyone can do that at any time through out the reign. Generally most awards are given out at either mid-reign or end-reign but if anyone does anything cool enough deserving an instant awards I woud make a point of awarding it at a regular game day.
Baronet Tremere
-- Waaayyy out of practice and all beat up
Tremere

Postby LAG » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:01 pm

Tremere wrote:You can still make recommendations for awards. Anyone can do that at any time through out the reign. Generally most awards are given out at either mid-reign or end-reign but if anyone does anything cool enough deserving an instant awards I woud make a point of awarding it at a regular game day.

Define "cool enough"...Just kind of curious since I really do not understand what it takes to get one.
LAG

~~~

~~~
LAG

Postby Tremere » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:49 pm

Nope, no definition. You can recomend people for awards and then the officers who can give awards will make the decisions on them. You can find info abaout awards and what they require or how you can go about getting them in the corpora and in the attachment I have been trying to upload to this post for the past half hour...

Sucky hacked anonymous neighbors wi-fi...

edit... ok the attachment thing is just not happening. If you want the doc send me an email.
Baronet Tremere
Tremere

Postby LAG » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Tremere wrote:Nope, no definition. You can recomend people for awards and then the officers who can give awards will make the decisions on them. You can find info abaout awards and what they require or how you can go about getting them in the corpora and in the attachment I have been trying to upload to this post for the past half hour...

Sucky hacked anonymous neighbors wi-fi...

edit... ok the attachment thing is just not happening. If you want the doc send me an email.

Whatever....I have determined it is really not worth the discussion.
LAG

~~~

~~~
LAG

Postby Brigade » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:28 pm

Well .. if you're still looking for recommendations .. then I'd be more than happy to nominate for a few things that *I* noticed when I was out there.

Hell .. I really wish I was still out in that direction. I STILL hurt from last weekend (that being a good thing) ..

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.
No, you're wrong. And I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. - Sir Shef
Brigade

Postby LAG » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:56 pm

Brigade wrote:Well .. if you're still looking for recommendations .. then I'd be more than happy to nominate for a few things that *I* noticed when I was out there.

Let me know how that works out for ya ! :mrgreen:

Brigade wrote:Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

You were fun to have out. Look forward to it again.
LAG

~~~

~~~
LAG

Postby Tremere » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:34 pm

Brigade wrote:Well .. if you're still looking for recommendations .. then I'd be more than happy to nominate for a few things that *I* noticed when I was out there.

If you feel you saw something award worthy please feel free to pass on the recommendations. I always think the awards are more impressive when they come from other players impressions on the field.
Baronet Tremere
Tremere

Previous

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA