Thank You Everyone

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Re: Thank You Everyone

Postby Ryuke » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:28 am

Brigade wrote:
Arthur_MacG wrote:Don't lie, you know you like it when I talk about my pole.

And if you want when you get back I'll teach/show you how to kill a pole.

Boots once told me the key to killing a good pole fighter (and she is one of the greatest in the game, historicaly) ..

Boobs.

Either your own, or someone elses' .. but they'll work almost every time. :D

I'll be headed to Clan this year for almost certain, and I heard a few mention Rakkis. Never been, but it might be worth the trip.

Ok, one: Arthur, I like hearing how you scored a record amount of kills on the battlefield of our Shire with your pole, hearing you talk about your pole otherwise doesn't do much for me... two, all i have atm is, unfortunately, a very vague image of a stick with padding and with that mental image I can only imagine your pole to be short, light, but extremely fast given your style, like, 1 minute or less and yeah, you get the picture... Lastly, HOW do boobs help? Other then a distraction it would be a kill shot to use them as a shield and thats all that is coming to mind atm for me... granted I've heard of a Knight by the name of Boots before by Evil Randy and as I understand it, she is THE best next to Leaf... and Finally, Clan? Where and when is this?
To learn what is good, a thousand days are not sufficient; to learn what is evil, an hour is too long.
Ryuke

Postby Arthur_MacG » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:51 am

Ryuke wrote: granted I've heard of a Knight by the name of Boots before by Evil Randy and as I understand it, she is THE best next to Leaf... and Finally, Clan? Where and when is this?

Don't worry, I don't fault you for not knowing... But here are the voted results by Amtgard at large. The names were submitted from E-sam and the posts people made there suggesting names.
ImageImage
Recipient of 1st order of the "you funking suck"
Arthur_MacG
Intimidating Board Presence

Postby Ryuke » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:38 am

Arthur_MacG wrote:
Ryuke wrote: granted I've heard of a Knight by the name of Boots before by Evil Randy and as I understand it, she is THE best next to Leaf... and Finally, Clan? Where and when is this?

Don't worry, I don't fault you for not knowing... But here are the voted results by Amtgard at large. The names were submitted from E-sam and the posts people made there suggesting names.

Thanks again for the info, once again I've been proven wrong...
To learn what is good, a thousand days are not sufficient; to learn what is evil, an hour is too long.
Ryuke

Postby Cadogan » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:41 am

Is boots or Tar'get the polearm authority of amtgard?

Powered by sourdough.

Future home of....

Arthur was here, so was Gonzo
Cadogan
Boxxy

Postby Arthur_MacG » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:12 pm

Cadogan wrote:Is boots or Tar'get the polearm authority of amtgard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_IdvWwwTcA
ImageImage
Arthur_MacG

Postby Cadogan » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:41 pm

I thought so arthur

Powered by sourdough.

Future home of....

Arthur was here, so was Gonzo
Cadogan
Boxxy

Postby Brigade » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:09 am

P
Ryuke wrote:
Brigade wrote:
Arthur_MacG wrote:Don't lie, you know you like it when I talk about my pole.

And if you want when you get back I'll teach/show you how to kill a pole.

Boots once told me the key to killing a good pole fighter (and she is one of the greatest in the game, historicaly) ..

Boobs.

Either your own, or someone elses' .. but they'll work almost every time. :D

I'll be headed to Clan this year for almost certain, and I heard a few mention Rakkis. Never been, but it might be worth the trip.

Lastly, HOW do boobs help? Other then a distraction it would be a kill shot to use them as a shield and thats all that is coming to mind atm for me... granted I've heard of a Knight by the name of Boots before by Evil Randy and as I understand it, she is THE best next to Leaf... and Finally, Clan? Where and when is this?

If you need to ask (about boobs), you ain't gettin it. :lol:

"The Best" is all relative. And that little poll is a joke .. (especially considering things like Kerb is a Sword Knight, Squeak! hasn't been in the game in at least 5 years, and was never THAT good of a fighter, definitely not as good as Cuisinart .. and it was all popular vote) .. Boots used to be one of the best fighters, hands down (first female sword knight in the game, first female four-belter also I think) .. she IS the best pole fighter in the game (now or ever) .. trained a few scary pole fighters (like Shef and especially Monkey, who ran the ditch field himself when he visted EH a few weeks back .. including several sword knights/warlords .. all with single pole, all by himself).

Clan used to be in Cloudcroft, NM, now I think it's been moved north to Riodoso (I think) .. it's the first and biggest Inter-Kingdom event in Amtgard. Week-long huge party/campout with people from all over the country. Big fun. Makes Rakis look like child's play.

Other big IK events ... .. Rakis (kindof), Harvest War, Spring War, Banner Wars, Olympiad, Sword Knight Boot Camp.

Basically .. there's plenty to do if you're willing to travel around. You guys have the shaft a bit being all the way out west (and Amtgard is kinda centered around Texas) .. but still Clan shouldn't be more than a 12-hour drive .. get a bunch of people together and pool gas money and make a road trip (that's what a LOT of people do) .. or get on E-sam and buy a plane ticket, find someone to pick you up.
No, you're wrong. And I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. - Sir Shef
Brigade

Postby Grix » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:26 am

The "best" is going to be different to each person. For instance, I wasn't horribly impressed with Boots when I met her at clan a couple years ago. She still kicked my ass, I just wouldn't have put her at the top of the "best" list.

Clan isn't nearly as big as it used to be, though it's making a comeback. All the big events have suffered because of the smaller localized events. Most people would rather travel to the local events then bother with the big ones. Why knock Rakis?

Events west of Texas (not just big ones): Pac War (WA), Thousand Stars (WA), Salt Wars (UT), Darkshore (CA), Prince's War (CA), Dragon Blade Wars (NV), Clan (NM), Harvest War (NM), Rakis (CO).
\
\ji
/.(((
(,/"(((__,--.
\ ) _( /{
!|| " :||
!|| :||
''' '''
Grix
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Arthur_MacG » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:32 am

Brigade wrote:words

Grix beat me to the punch...

Yeah I'm aware that the poll isn't definitive and that it is a popularity contest. As for me, I've never met any of the females listed except for Moogie. As for the males. I know a lot of them because I've fought them in the IM.

But it differs too on how people vote (aside from [s]he's my friend so I'll vote for him). If they're voting for if these people stepped up today, who would win. Or if they're going for Best EVAR. or a hodge podge.
ImageImage
Arthur_MacG

Postby Taly » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:58 pm

EDITed to say - man, I really need to read all the posts before I say something.
-=Taly=-

Doogan me'ode rotzeh et a'ehz shel'oh. Just sayin'...

Argueing with Randy is like mud wrestling with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig likes it.
Taly

Postby Arthur_MacG » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:02 pm

Fireluv007 wrote:EDITed to say - man, I really need to read all the posts before I say something.

Well as far as the males go if I had to make a list of people that I thought were the best I would certainly cut and add. But the majority would stay.
ImageImage
Arthur_MacG

Postby Brigade » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:34 pm

Grix wrote:Clan isn't nearly as big as it used to be, though it's making a comeback. All the big events have suffered because of the smaller localized events. Most people would rather travel to the local events then bother with the big ones. Why knock Rakis?

Not knocking it per se .. it's just not a "real" IK event. It's IM Coronation, just draws a lot of people from other Kingdoms.

Old school Amtgardian Talk: There used to be only a couple IK events, Clan and Spring War being the two that come to mind. When you talk about IK events, they're just that: an event that was specfically designed to be an open event to all kingdoms, to encourage visitors from other areas.

The problem with things like Triple-Mid (common in Texas and a few other areas) and Rakkis is that it dilludes what the event is truly supposed to represent: A celebration of the individuals of a Kingdom. There's nothing wrong with travelling to other events, but a Mid-Reign or Endreign is, imho, supposed to be a KINGDOM event, where members of that kingdom that truly deserve it get their day in the spotlight. When you turn a kingdom event into something bigger, a lot of that gets losts in the noise. There shouldn't be awards (aside from maybe Master Ladder or possibly Knightings) at IK events, but when you start seeing members of other kingdoms getting accolades at an event that was supposed to be for a specific Kingdom, it starts to outshine the locals that go above and beyond in the Kingdom that they live in, at an event that is supposed to reward them. How would you feel if some random visitor to Westmarch coronation got all the pomp and circumstance of a Knighting at YOUR event? You think people will remember that elusive Warlord that someone finally earned, or the big ceremony of someone getting their 1st, or maybe 4th belt, when the event is said and done?

I've been to kingdom celebrations in at least 4 separate kingdoms. If I even attend their court (which I only do to support the spirit of the game), I would hate to get called to attention for anything, because my being there is in support of the game and the people of the kingdom I'm visiting .. and I am just that: A visitor, not someone that brings life and love and effort to that kingdom.

Rakkis is a great event, don't get me wrong. But I have problems with it being classified as, or it turning into, an "Inter-Kingdom" event .. just in the spirtual sense.

Personally I think there should only be 3-6 true "IK Events" in the country per year. The problem is, there are so many "IK Events" now that the local kingdoms have to be careful about scheduling, because there are only so many days off and travel expense that people can handle, and the events themselves end up suffering. Maybe not as much an issue out West, but I know that in Texas in the next two months you have 3 Mid-Reigns (CK, EH, WL) that ended up getting rolled together, GP Coronation, BL Coronation, plus the EH 20th Birthday Bash, plus Olympiad, plus Spring War, plus Sword Knight Boot Camp, which is pretty extreme. Four of those are intended as IK events, and I guarantee the numbers won't be there because it's spread so thin.

Old-School Rant /off. :D
No, you're wrong. And I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. - Sir Shef
Brigade

Postby Grix » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:18 pm

Fair enough. I don't generally think about court when it comes to events unless it's a local event (which usually means I'm involved in it somehow). I've been given awards at other kingdoms' events before, but they were awards given by that kingdom.

If people want to give awards at IK events, it really doesn't bother me. I generally make decisions on what events to go to based on my ability to get there and the people attending.
\
\ji
/.(((
(,/"(((__,--.
\ ) _( /{
!|| :||
''' '''
Grix
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Brigade » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:58 pm

How about this then .. you try to make a stab @ Clan this year .. and I'll make every available effort to jet out for Rakkis. Then we can get drunk and argue about it some more in a good-natured fashion, and ultimately decide that we're having a great time and the point is moot. :D
Brigade

Postby Grix » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm

I'd love to make it to clan again, but Rakis seems more likely at this point.

Right now I'm looking at the following list for this year:

Salt Wars
Darkshore
Rakis
Harvest War

Anyways, yay events!
\
\ji
/.(((
(,/"(((__,--.
\ ) _( /{