This Sunday - Belgareth Cross-over

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

This Sunday - Belgareth Cross-over

Postby Milan of Amber » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:13 pm

Belegarth, (think dagohir) meets at morley field, which is in Balboa park.

DIRECTIONS:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&q=morley+field&near=San+Diego,+CA&fb=1&cid=0,0,5439862645425375795&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

They meet from 1pm to 5pm on Sundays. This is a great place for San Diego Amtgarders to get in some extry sunday practice, plus I'd like to cross over and try and potentially a) draw some recruits, or b) pad our numbers for upcoming faire, or c) just have some more fun playing a very similiar game. I've attended Belegarth before, and Gecko, our resident leaper / Monk has attended their meetings as well.

Anyways, I'll be there, If anyone else wants to tag along, don't hesitate to show up! I have word that they will be there this sunday (verbal confirmation).

Our weapons tend to be unsafe for them, as they use really REALLY padded weapons. They also think amtgarders are flurby, use pixi sticks, and touch fight, where they are manly swingers of baseball bats. They also don't like roleplaying or garb. That being said, most of them have never tried amtgard, and simple strategic swings tend to land on them quite easily. So if you come, bring your heaviest, most padded, least tipped out weapon, and it may get approved for use. Our arrows will not pass on their field, so don't bring them, also, like us, new people cannot field bows the first time out.

For rules and the like, check out; http://belegarth.com/board/index.php
Since 1978
Milan of Amber

Re: This Sunday - Belgareth Cross-over

Postby Milan of Amber » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:14 pm

That being said, it's also a good idea to visit other games, get the Siar Geata name out, as it will help our Barony Application.
Since 1978
Milan of Amber

Postby Randy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:17 pm

They havent been out since the new year. Im not sure if they changed locations or just stopped playing.
Randy

Postby Grix » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:22 pm

A bunch of Bel players daytripped salt wars last year. We made sure they had fun and I got told I hit hard for an Amtgarder. All and all a good time.
\
\ji
/.(((
(,/"(((__,--.
\ ) _( /{
!|| " :||
!|| :||
''' '''
Grix
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Arthur_MacG » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:32 am

If we can get a confirmation of their existence I'm up for going there. My local (Colorado) Belegarth and Amtgard group were on friendly terms and we would sometimes raid one another. Good times were had by most.
ImageImage
Recipient of 1st order of the "you funking suck"
Arthur_MacG
Intimidating Board Presence

Postby Milan of Amber » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:28 am

Arthur_MacG wrote:If we can get a confirmation of their existence I'm up for going there. My local (Colorado) Belegarth and Amtgard group were on friendly terms and we would sometimes raid one another. Good times were had by most.

So far a whopping 2 people have said that they will attend according to my posting on their forums

http://belegarth.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=25494

But one of them says they expect about 10 to show.. regardless I'll be there.
Since 1978
Milan of Amber

Postby Milan of Amber » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:56 am

bump - we are up to about 5 from their side.. See some of ya out there!
Since 1978
Milan of Amber

Postby Milan of Amber » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:56 pm

Thank you to Gecko, Dieter, Arthur for showing up, The field had about 10 at best with about 14 people total showing up, some leaving early some arriving late.

I will leave the "how was it" to the others to explain.

As for recruting, while we may see some at fair, most were more weekend warriors than interested in actually partipating in anything more.

Belgareth has some really unique rules that make fighting a tad different there, but nothing that I'd want to see transferred over.
Since 1978
Milan of Amber

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA