Joint Fighter Practice

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Joint Fighter Practice

Postby LucasTheLost » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:28 pm

One of the things that Dourn suggested during the Southern Gathering was that we start holding a combined fighter practice at some point during the week. 3-4 people from each park could produce an excellent practice.

He suggested that we hold it somewhere geographically centered between the two parks. That puts it around the 5/805 split and the 56. Tory Pines is Right There off the 56, and Tory Hills Neighborhood Park is just off Caramel Mountain road.

I don't know how the SC players are distributed, but everyone at SG travels south to get to our park. Given that plus the proximity to UCSD, we might want to shift things north a bit to even out actual travel time a bit, but this is as good a place to start as any. Not much point in trying to accommodate folks that aren't going to show up either. Lets get things off the ground first.

Another potential issue that occurred to me as I wrote this is traffic. Unless we start well after dark (or so early that working stiffs like myself will never make it), we're going to be wading through some portion of rush hour traffic in one of the busiest areas in town.

A piece of advice: Carpools + HOV lane = good.
BS Lucas the Lost
Siar Geata
I'm a DADDY!

<wheeze>Get off my lawn.</wheeze>
LucasTheLost
I made a baby

Re: Joint Fighter Practice

Postby smurfsack » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:13 am

theres a really large flat park thats all grass in scripps ranch on scripps poway parkway. its 1 mile from the 15.
i'll keep wondering.......you figure it out.
smurfsack

Re: Joint Fighter Practice

Postby Woodstock » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Haven't seen you for a while, Blueballs! Thinking about coming out to the park again?
Judge Woodstock PiPants
Village Idiot of Siar Geata.
Woodstock

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA