Packing Up: May 6th-15th

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Packing Up: May 6th-15th

Postby Miles » Tue May 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Hello, Amtgarders.

Some of you here don't know me, and some who know me aren't here, but that's okay. This message is primarily intended for those of you who do.

My academic career at UCSD is coming to an end. On May 21st, I will graduate, and my dad and sister will be moving my belongings up north, while my mom, bless her dear heart, will be taking me on a graduation-gift trip to the British Isles promptly after commencement.
It's been a good run down here (I'd call it 4 years, but heavens knows my attendance wasn't the best, and there was that one summer I was gone, plus these last three months). I got to be around while two new parks came into existence, and while two faded into a more quiescent state. The game's gone through revisions, and faces have come and gone all around. Many of you, I'll miss...and regrettably, some, I won't.

In short, I have no current job prospects in the SoCal area, and will not have time to realistically pursue more of them between my return to the area circa May 6th and graduation, so rather than waste money paying the UC Regents to live in La Jolla for a lot less than the local retirees, I'm returning north to get things figured out. As some of you may have heard, I'm in the interview process for a full-time pharmacy technician instructor position, and have advanced to the semi-finalist round thereof, so far. If I attain this position, I will be in the Sonoma County area (or, in Amt-speak, the realm of Crimson Wood) for the indefinite future. If not...life has something else in store for me. I guess I'll just have to see what. (Anyone know any major Hollywood movies that need a Bard?)

One of the days between this Thursday and this Sunday, I will drive back down south. I will be leaving my Amt-gear up north, so as to save room in my car (and also gas mileage). I will promptly begin packing/eliminating/squaring away my belongings, as I will have to fly back up north on the 16th for the semi-finalist interview on the 17th--and possibly the finalist interview on the 20th. During this time, if any of you would like to come visit, let me know, and I'll see what I can set up. I also intend to make a field visit for a "Last Hurrah" on May 14th at one of the two SD-area fields (most likely SC, as it's a shorter drive from my apartment); though I won't have my gear, I can be color or just reeve for the day, and maybe provide a spot of entertainment as well. I hope that I will be able to say goodbye to all of you at some point during that period.

Additionally, on a practical note, I could probably use some extra hands on the night of the 20th to help us load up the moving vehicle (we haven't set one up yet, because we're not sure how we're going to be able to do it when I won't be back in the SD area that very evening, due to the interview(s). Any ideas?). I will likely be procuring pizza to be shared by all those interested in helping out, though if all of you show up I can't guarantee I'll have enough to feed an army of hungry Flurbarians. Please let me know if you would like to participate.

If, on a more whimsical note, you'd like to come to my graduation, I will expect court garb to the nines (Ren-Faire-grade and up), or standard, nice-event mundane wear, with good behavior on either count--I would be tickled to have people asking where the medieval folk came from, as my classmates have asked me about this "Amtgard" thing that periodically gets mentioned on my Facebook page. PM me if you'd like the time and location.

For now, that is all. Thank you for this and the many other things I've gotten to do and be a part of, thanks to all of you.

-Miles Ookami,
styled (by some) "The Just"

<crossposted to SC>
Inspiration. Exuberance. Synergy. ~
Miles

Re: Packing Up: May 6th-15th

Postby Rangor's Wench » Wed May 04, 2011 4:39 pm

**Sniffles**
Going to miss you Miles!! However, since my inlaws live in Petaluma I'm sure we'll see you again in the near future. Good luck & congrats on your educational achievement!!
Wendy, Rangor's Wench

I am Nobody.
Nobody is Perfect.
Therefore I am Perfect!

DO EEEET!!! http://go.yaplet.com/?url=http://www.ca ... om/phpBB3/
Rangor's Wench

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA