Daggers

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Re: Daggers

Postby Trieste » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:32 pm

evil Randy wrote:
Trieste wrote:If I had to guess, I've made more weapons in the past year than all the other posters in this thread put together. But of everyone else posting here, Lucas is the most right.

Only if your counting the swords from FOM... :wink:

Maybe.. i've made at least 40 swords so far this year, plus some javelins, middle madus, couple polearms and daggers.
Collin the Red wrote:Final thought: Has there ever been a Knight belted from a land lower than Duchy?
Trieste

Postby Randy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:16 am

Trieste wrote:Maybe.. i've made at least 40 swords so far this year, plus some javelins, middle madus, couple polearms and daggers.

Yeah im right around there. You really need to check out my new flat blade warpole... is very nice!
Randy

Postby Cotton » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:56 am

I finally figured out the problem, i accidentally wrapped the dagger too tightly, but i'll have someone check it out first...
DERP shall be the new form of Lay-on
Cotton

Postby Randy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:04 am

Cotton wrote:I finally figured out the problem, i accidentally wrapped the dagger too tightly, but i'll have someone check it out first...

I would suggest that you found one of the problems. Using duct tape is another.
Randy

Postby LucasTheLost » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:42 am

Trieste wrote:Seriously, come to the Sunday quest. If I had to guess, I've made more weapons in the past year than all the other posters in this thread put together. But of everyone else posting here, Lucas is the most right.

I'd give it to Randy. He's also made it more of a point to Try Different Things than I ever did. "Number of swords built" isn't everything, but it sure as hell isn't "nothing" either.
BS Lucas the Lost
Siar Geata
I'm a DADDY!

<wheeze>Get off my lawn.</wheeze>
LucasTheLost
I made a baby

Postby Hannoske » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:21 am

And Randy made an awesome MC Dagger that I have been shiving people with. Feel the love.
Hannoske

Postby dieterbron » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:58 am

Once again, feel free to make your weapons, just understand that your park Champion has the final say as to what is allowed on the field. If you need pointers on how to build (at the very least) a legal weapon, everyone who has posted on here can show you how to build one. Also if you bring the materials you wish to use to build a weapon to an A&S night or the park, people tend to be willing to help you build a legit weapon. After all they are the ones that will be hit with it.
Ich gebe nicht einen Fluch!
Herr Dieter Bron Von Boneschvinger
dieterbron

Postby Randy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:55 am

dieterbron wrote:Once again, feel free to make your weapons, just understand that your park Champion has the final say as to what is allowed on the field.

Actually, the monarch has a say, also the Westmarch Champion, the Dragonspine Champion, and ofcourse an allthing. The champion can be overruled by many people.
Randy

Postby deimos » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:04 pm

evil Randy wrote:
dieterbron wrote:Once again, feel free to make your weapons, just understand that your park Champion has the final say as to what is allowed on the field.

Actually, the monarch has a say, also the Westmarch Champion, the Dragonspine Champion, and ofcourse an allthing. The champion can be overruled by many people.

That's a goddamn lie and you know it. Stop spreading false rumors and hearsay.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby dieterbron » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:46 pm

According to the Westmarch and Dragonspine Corpora, from what I can tell, the Monarch at all times MUST have a Champion and if the position is vacant MUST appoint one. No where in either Corpora does it list weapon checks as the Monarch's duties. The Champion is the officer responsible in both corpora for weapon checks and safety on the field. The Champions of other parks i.e. Principality, Kingdom, are responsible for coordinating the weapons checks with the other parks and insuring that the checks are carried out once a month. However I did not see anywhere that it said that their ruling on a weapon/item supersedes that of a local park in their home park. However should I come to another park the Champion there would have final say if my equipment is legal. At least that is how I understand it.

Basically within their own park the Champion has final say on equipment following both the rules of play and the corpora. The Monarch has no say as to what the equipment rates. The Captain of the Guard, Guildmaster of Reeves and the Heir Apparent can assist the Champion, but from my readings I understand that the Champion is the final say.
Ich gebe nicht einen Fluch!
Herr Dieter Bron Von Boneschvinger
dieterbron

Postby Randy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:16 pm

dieterbron wrote: but from my readings I understand that the Champion is the final say.

This has been discussed time and time again. The champion reports to the monarch, who then has the authority to over ride the champion. Since SG reports to Westmarch, the Champion of westmarch can over rule SG. And since westmarch reports to dragonspine, dragonspine can over rule WM.

Is that so hard to understand? Also an allthing vote can overide the champion. Its a checks and balances thing. That way a bad champion can't declare only his equipment legal and force people into a specific style of play.
Randy

Postby Cotton » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:20 pm

evil Randy wrote:Is that so hard to understand? Also an allthing vote can overide the champion. Its a checks and balances thing. That way a bad champion can't declare only his equipment legal and force people into a specific style of play.

nobody ever stated that we were forced into a specific fighting style or what not.
Cotton

Postby Randy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Cotton wrote:nobody ever stated that we were forced into a specific fighting style or what not.

I never said they did. I said we prevent overzealous champions doing that, by having a checks/balance system
Randy

Postby Trieste » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:53 pm

I rule all of you.
Collin the Red wrote:Final thought: Has there ever been a Knight belted from a land lower than Duchy?
Trieste

Postby Cotton » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:29 pm

disregaurd this thread my dagger was legitamite and legal,weapon checks however are no fun, maye for lucas the lost and whom ever else checks weapons...
Cotton

PreviousNext

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA