Loaner Party 03/24/12

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Loaner Party 03/24/12

Postby Angel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:40 pm

We will be having a loaner party next Saturday, March 24 during regular meetup time at Poinsettia Park in Carlsbad. We will: A. Make loaner weapons to use (for faire or for new recruits to use), B.Use this as an opportunity to bring new people in (I'll run ads in our local papers/ online advertising it), C. To teach people on how to make different types of weapons and how to use them.

Hope to see a bunch of people there, this should be a blast!

~Grace
“We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”

(Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)
Angel

Re: Loaner Party 03/24/12

Postby Finn » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:47 am

I'll certainly be there. Are you meeting at 2PM? Last time I showed up and walked around for an hour and a half until other people came. I realize that many were out sick, but I just want to make sure.

Also, I am more than willing to help people make flat blades if they are interested. The pirate sword and glade I use have held up without need for repair for almost eight years now. I found a couple of good plank foam websites http://www.foamforyou.com/Closed_Cell_Foam.htm and http://www.foambymail.com/closed-cell-foams.html and I would be more than willing to go in together with people on orders.
You have the most beautiful eyes...I must have them!
Finn

Postby Randy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:54 am

Finn,

there is a plank foam supplier in san diego... No need to pay the shipping costs. Contact LAG out of sunset cliffs and he can help you.
Randy

Postby Scoot » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Additionaly, as far as flat blades go, I'd rather not, for loaner swords. More ways for a newbie to hurt someone.

Also, I'm here at the park now. Feel free to show up whenever :-)
"Any attack on this monarchy would be useless. The Corpora is the ultimate power in the universe.
"The Corpora is insignificant next to the power of the Althing."
Scoot

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA