New Term Reeve Information

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

New Term Reeve Information

Postby Miles » Tue May 22, 2012 10:53 am

Hello, Siar Geatans!

For those of you who don't know/remember me, my name is Miles, and it is my pleasure to serve as the Westmarch Guildmaster of Reeves for the upcoming term.

In preparation for this term's many Reevely matters, I will need to know a few things from you:
1) Who is your GMR for this incoming term? (Do you have one? Lucas? Eh? Ehhh?)
2) How may I reach him/her? (Texting is fine, if necessary, though I will need a means to get exam files to him/her as well.) Feel free to send this information in a PM, if you don't wish the entire board to have it.
3) Is your land willing to nominate someone to be the V8 Playtest Coordinator for this term? If so, who, and how can I get files to him/her?

With regards to #3, you may have heard that Amtgard is working on creating and playtesting the v8.0 Rules of Play, due for adoption in 2014. We need to have as many different lands playtesting this ruleset-in-progress as possible, so that we can have a voice in shaping the game we will be playing in a few years! As such, my goal is for each land to playtest V8 once a month, if at all possible, and report back to e-Sam or myself the results, so that we can be strong contributors in this important matter. I want Westmarch to be the Kingdom That Shaped V8! Together, we can do it!

It is also my goal that everyone we nominate for every position is Reeve- and Corpora-qualified, as necessary for the position in question, at least 2 months before any election. Our history in providing adequate examination for our candidates is very shoddy, and I want us to be all by-the-book and official for next year's kingdom bid--no pro-tem officers! Please let me know if there is any way I can help this process along.

Over the course of this term, I will be sending you assorted updates. I want to be accessible to you as a resource, so please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. If you'd like an in-depth discussion of any Amtgard matter, feel free to ask.

Finally, thank you for allowing me to be your GMR for this term. I intend to do well by all of you, and work schedule permitting, I may even get to come visit once in a while. (:

In Service,

-Lord Miles Ookami, the Just,
GMR of Westmarch
Inspiration. Exuberance. Synergy. ~
Miles

Re: New Term Reeve Information

Postby Nico [xD] » Tue May 22, 2012 4:49 pm

I think Rose is doing most-all of the reeve stuff. I don't know if she's running again in the upcoming elections. I'll probably run if she doesn't want to, if I'm allowed.

Edit: About contacting her, I have no idea. Your best guess would to be to call Angel (Ill PM you her Number) and ask her for Rose or Scoot's number.

About V8 playtesting, we don't often have a lot of people, but I've been reading the v8 rules back and forth since you sent them to me a while back. If we were to nominate someone, I'd be up for that position as well.
Disregard whatever i just said.

Nico, bunny enthusiast of the Barony of Siar Geata.
Nico [xD]

Postby Miles » Wed May 23, 2012 9:38 am

With Siar Geata's excellent leadership support, it would be less than ideal if the group did not have a GMR (even if it's a pro-tem one!). To be local GMR, you must be dues-paid, have passed the most recent Reeve's test (which would currently be the one Sir Nakita sent out to prepare for last Crown Quals), and be elected by simple majority of the other members of Siar Geata who are current on Reeve qualification. There is no age limitation per se listed in the Corpora, though I wouldn't allow anyone under the age limit of any group used to determine who may fight (as one must be able to be on the field in order to Reeve effectively).

That said, Nico, I understand that you'll be relocating for college, and so it likely might not be the best idea for you to serve in a role of responsibility, unless you have someone lined up to replace you when you must move on. If you work it out such that you and whoever end up splitting it, though, I'm far from one to discourage volunteerism (rather than voluntoldism). (:
Inspiration. Exuberance. Synergy. ~
Miles

Postby Scoot » Sun May 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Responded to via PM
"Any attack on this monarchy would be useless. The Corpora is the ultimate power in the universe.
"The Corpora is insignificant next to the power of the Althing."
Scoot

Postby Rose » Tue May 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Miles wrote:With Siar Geata's excellent leadership support, it would be less than ideal if the group did not have a GMR (even if it's a pro-tem one!). To be local GMR, you must be dues-paid, have passed the most recent Reeve's test (which would currently be the one Sir Nakita sent out to prepare for last Crown Quals), and be elected by simple majority of the other members of Siar Geata who are current on Reeve qualification. There is no age limitation per se listed in the Corpora, though I wouldn't allow anyone under the age limit of any group used to determine who may fight (as one must be able to be on the field in order to Reeve effectively).

That said, Nico, I understand that you'll be relocating for college, and so it likely might not be the best idea for you to serve in a role of responsibility, unless you have someone lined up to replace you when you must move on. If you work it out such that you and whoever end up splitting it, though, I'm far from one to discourage volunteerism (rather than voluntoldism). (:

I am the GMR for Sier Geata. I am also the guild master of smiths for running quests which I have been doing monthly. I am dues paid, as I was last time round and have actually been pretty much since I joined. I was elected to Reeves, after entering more than enough entries to quals, and after passing both copora and Reeves tests, as given to me by the previous GMR, who was also elected as previous. I have been bringing loner sashes, holding battle games and mainly Reeving them, though sometimes I also participate. The best way to contact me would be via text message because I don't go online that much. Failing that there is also facebook though only slightly more likely to have me see it then messaging here. I have stated at the park that I was running for Reeves again. I have a bunch of Reeves test and corpora testies that were sent to me in my PM, which I have saved to my computer, but please let me know if these are out of date.

If you would like to push a position I would personally sugjest champ because no one as yet seems to have stated running for it. If you want us to play new rules once a month I could easily throw them into the quests. It would be less confusing then trying to run new rules one week, old rules next.

Of course if you were curious about who was GMR, I hate to point out you could have found out by looking at the list of monarchy and positions thread which isn't all that far down from here. It lists me as GMR. Just kind of funny to me you seem to have assumed that we had no GMR for some reason. I think I even mentioned to you at fair that I was GMR, but no biggie. It was nice seeing you at fair, and congrats on the position! I know its a lot harder to get elected and stuff out there in the big leagues. Congrats!
Far dearer the grave or the prision illumed by one patriot name,
then the trophies of all who have risen on liberty's ruin to fame!
(Forget no the field, Thomas Moore)
Rose

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA