Your New Prime Minister

Discussion/Information about the Shire of Nymyr's Sanctum

Your New Prime Minister

Postby Se Virux » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:50 am

Greetings Everyone,

I am the new Prime Minister for the Barony of Ashen Spire -- lifting the burden off of Aislin, the previous.
I will do the best I can during my term; however, since I am new to the Officer position I would appreciate any and all help providable.

~oOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOo~

My goal is to establish a good rolemodel for being a Prime Minister and to make transfer of responsibility to successors smooth and easy.
(An attempt to avoid duplication of my current/on-going experience as well as an attempt to make the officer position appear less intimidating)

Organization is key to this position, that is a given in my mind, so that is something that must be constantly present in order for things to go well.
Therefore, I will be setting into motion a couple ideas/plans that would make record-keeping more clean-cut and systematic.
Some of these ideas/plans would include actual maintenance of a single central placeholder for physical records, maintaining a physical logbook of officer action items, periodic clean-up of records, keeping a keen eye/mind on the statements and rules within the Corpora and other somewhat obvious but overlooked things.

Additionally, I will be pushing an effort to increase attendance and our numbers through use of our most readily available resource, the internet, as well as the simple act of sending formal greetings and follow-up with our new/existing members.

I will be doing this because it has come to my attention that it is definitely a necessity for us to periodically check-up, update, and remind our new members about upcoming events and, most especially, our regularly scheduled meetup days. I place emphasis on announcement of our regularly scheduled meetups since there are times in which it is unknown as to whether or not people will be present.

This unknown can be fairly discouraging to new and prospective members who plan on visiting our park to try Amtgard out for the first time. Obviously this translates to both decreased attendance and lost members. This unknown can also be a bit of a put-off for existing members (especially those who do not reside local to the area, such as myself) to come to the park only to find out people have gone elsewhere or will be arriving a little later than the proposed meeting time.

All of this can be easily addressed via extensive use of email and the internet through our facebook page, meetup page, and so forth.
Of course, I myself cannot do this alone and will need everyone to contribute to this effort if we are to grow and sustain our Barony.

As a closing to this message, I thank you all for electing me as Prime Minister of Ashen Spire.
Should there be issues in what I have stated or my acquisition of the officer position, feel free to let me know.

Let us all work together in the improvement of our Barony,
~Se Virux~

P.S.
For those of you who hate to read, here is a summary:
(tl;dr) Thanks for making me PM -- Fear my perfectionism :twisted:

I am not affected by negative remarks or opinions for I know and am better than you outside this game, this recreational activity, this imagined realm called "Amtgard".

I show no respect for you if you have none to show.
Se Virux

Return to Shire of Nymyr's Sanctum - Santa Clara, CA