Thor's Refuge Stick Jock Club

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Thor's Refuge

Moderators: Collin the Red, ravenb

Re: Thor's Refuge Stick Jock Club

Postby Lady Tamara » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:55 pm

Wow, are you OK? I hope you got it set properly so it heals well. You don't need some crazy finger that sticks out all wild and crazy while you are trying to fight. LOL
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby Cadogan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:31 pm

You should let it heal poorly. Crazy Fingers is a great name.

Powered by sourdough.

Future home of....

Arthur was here, so was Gonzo
Cadogan
Boxxy

Postby deimos » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Scarab wrote:ok Sid, can I trade you a gall bladder for a finger? broke mine on sunday so my left is out of comish for awhile...good excuse to start rockin with a shield though

God damnit, Ailliath!
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby The Leper » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Scarab wrote:...and i gotta make some throwies that don't look like, well, dicks.

I think my throwing dick is awesome. The fact that I can now legally T-bag people is just plain coolness.

Leader of the Dead Armadillo Society Household.
"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."
The Leper

Postby Sid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:18 am

Scarab wrote:ok Sid, can I trade you a gall bladder for a finger? broke mine on sunday so my left is out of comish for awhile...good excuse to start rockin with a shield though...and i gotta make some throwies that don't look like, well, dicks

cyaz Thurs

Anything for you Scarab, If it will make you feel any better I'll go lefty for Thurs practice and you can beat the pee out of me.(More than everyone else does already). If you need help with a shield I'm sure you have plenty of resources, but I'm fond of the camp pad foam+DAP personally, light, sturdy, and relatively cheap. I'd like to see some Scarab shaped throwies on the field but that's just me heh.
Just take it easy and I will take note to not hit your left hand till it heals. We need as many sets of well protected boobs on the field as possible :).

PS: My Gall bladder is fine other than the stones I just have to watch how hard I get hit and back off when the pain increases, Took a couple hard hits from new polearm users this Sunday which almost put me out, but I'm a big girl and I will tough through it :).
"Kirby in the video games, sucks up something around him, and becomes something awesome because of it. You become what you need to so you can do awesome things.. since you are in fact.. Sid the Awesome"-Sir Jynx Mercades
Sid

Postby Orko » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Sid wrote:
Scarab wrote:ok Sid, can I trade you a gall bladder for a finger? broke mine on sunday so my left is out of comish for awhile...good excuse to start rockin with a shield though...and i gotta make some throwies that don't look like, well, dicks

cyaz Thurs

Anything for you Scarab, If it will make you feel any better I'll go lefty for Thurs practice and you can beat the pee out of me.(More than everyone else does already). If you need help with a shield I'm sure you have plenty of resources, but I'm fond of the camp pad foam+DAP personally, light, sturdy, and relatively cheap. I'd like to see some Scarab shaped throwies on the field but that's just me heh.
Just take it easy and I will take note to not hit your left hand till it heals. We need as many sets of well protected boobs on the field as possible :).

PS: My Gall bladder is fine other than the stones I just have to watch how hard I get hit and back off when the pain increases, Took a couple hard hits from new polearm users this Sunday which almost put me out, but I'm a big girl and I will tough through it :).

I will consider this when hitting you
Orko
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Sid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:37 pm

I will consider this when hitting you

No worries Orko, I don't think you or Grix have ever stabbed me hard enough to cause a problem. It really is just the people using polearms with inexperienced force.
"Kirby in the video games, sucks up something around him, and becomes something awesome because of it. You become what you need to so you can do awesome things.. since you are in fact.. Sid the Awesome"-Sir Jynx Mercades
Sid

Postby Scarab » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:37 pm

It's gonna take me a little while longer to jerry rig something to keep the freaky finger safe, so i'm out for this thu and sun...AND visiting family on the east coast for 10d after that...so by the TR photo op on 9/5, i should have some glamorous protective covering to stave off all attacks. And maybe some scarab throwies to compete against Lepers tea bag attempts. Cheers!
Scarab

Postby Scarab » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:36 am

Shiznizzle we haven't posted anything here in awhile!

Just wanna say gracias to TB and Orko for some good back-to-basics lessons tonight. Footwork, shot placement, combos...I really need to take time and get the fundamentals down and a LOT more block/strike practice...and decoying the drunk dude whom we should have charged admission to watch the hip wrap show....DAMN!
Scarab

Postby Orko » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:41 am

Scarab wrote:Shiznizzle we haven't posted anything here in awhile!

Just wanna say gracias to TB and Orko for some good back-to-basics lessons tonight. Footwork, shot placement, combos...I really need to take time and get the fundamentals down and a LOT more block/strike practice...and decoying the drunk dude whom we should have charged admission to watch the hip wrap show....DAMN!

Dude,that guys knight would've showed the lot of us how to fight.
Orko
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby TB » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:18 am

Hey that guy is from Clan McGregor...

Also you guys are welcome. Anytime I am at practice if anyone wants help let me know.
It's shameful.
Why can't people who dress in costumes and fight with toy weapons comport themselves with more maturity? - Asmund
TB
Terrible Bard

Postby Etah » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:49 am

First fighter practice I've been too that was more practice than fighting lol
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Postby Orko » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:08 am

Needless to say, weaponless jugging is now the official sport of the Thor's Refuge Stick Jock Club.
Orko
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Panolis » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:04 pm

Orko wrote:Needless to say, weaponless jugging is now the official sport of the Thor's Refuge Stick Jock Club.

Weaponless jugging was amazing.
Panolis

Postby Der Viertelmeister » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:15 pm

:|
Der Viertelmeister

PreviousNext

Return to Duchy of Thor's Refuge - Sacramento, CA