TR Tribute for A&S Hunger Games Thread

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Thor's Refuge

Moderators: Collin the Red, ravenb

TR Tribute for A&S Hunger Games Thread

Postby Collin the Red » Thu May 16, 2013 8:38 am

AS our land has several artisans wishing to be the Tribute for TR, I would like to see us put our best foot forward. I would like to be a tribute, but my lack of skill in applique (and spelling applique...applikay...whatever) I did not step up. I think this should be looked at as a whole land and those wishing to be the main contenders bring samples of thier work this weekend and then have a vote for a 2-person team to be tribute for TR. Better that, then having split all of TR and having us battle each other for materials.

I have seen at least (in order of posts):
  • Squire Guyvas
  • Lady Tamara
  • Ohlana
  • Sir Nakita

I know all 4 can do well and we have others /*cough*/DV/*cough*/ who would help TR shine, but unless we are able to gather double or triple the supplies as other lands, we may have an issue completeing peices of the projects. This would be a good topic of discussion during feast Sunday. Our new Regent DV should have some say over how this is worked out. It would be great if each of our 4 (or more) work the part they do best. Not knowing the tasks yet, if we need applique or flatfold seams those that do the best job should do those pieces. Laying out and cutting pieces for minimal loss and most efficient use of matterials, that person do that part. If advice is all you offer, or digital embroydery, maybe that be your contribution to the team.

Or if TR decides we can support 2-4 teams, then all of TR realy needs to come in the battles and win lots of matterials. Primarilly for your team, but if your team aquires extra, share with the other TR team(s).

WESTMARCH FOR KINGDOM!
THOR'S REFUGE FOR THE WIN!
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Re: TR Tribute for A&S Hunger Games Thread

Postby Guyvas » Thu May 16, 2013 12:37 pm

I'll drop out...I have enough stuff going on this Summer that I don't need to add on to it doing this.
Guyvas
Crimson Marauders
Bloodfog
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck with
Guyvas
Mr. Tittyface

Postby Dame Ailanthus » Thu May 16, 2013 1:13 pm

I want to clarify. You can have tributes help each other, but they are not teams. Only one person will win.

There is also the possibility of winning help from advisers, if we have advisers step up. For example, maybe someone could use "learn how to make a cloth belt from Lady T", or "2 hours of embroidery machine help from Collin" If you want to be involved, but don't want to take on the whole project, or have a specialty you can offer, I'd be happy to make you a prize.
Dame Ailanthus

Postby Porkins » Thu May 16, 2013 2:06 pm

In the spirit of the (Hunger) game I would like to see 2 people with 3 or less in any AnS ladder awards step up. We as a park can use this as a tool to encourage those with a little knowledge to better themselves as Amtgarders. I think more experienced members should be working on winning Dragon master or offering themselves as mentors.

I do like a rabid underdog.
In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these- Paul Harvey
Porkins

Postby Collin the Red » Thu May 16, 2013 2:26 pm

I offer my self up for the 2hrs on digital embroydery training. Either as a WM prize or a TR "trainer".
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Grimbold » Thu May 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Interesting, i was going to be the tribute for AH, but i see your point Porkins, maybe i should push for one of our others to do it and be their support.
vincit qui se vincit
vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
Grimbold

Postby Collin the Red » Thu May 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Porkin's push for under X number of A&S awards sounds good to me too. But if our under 5 garber folk are up against 7th and 8th garbers from other lands, it would not be a fair fight. If this is a Best of WM type of contest then we should put our best up as tribute. If this is a push for lower level or undiscovered dimonds to shine, then put in the level cap across all lands.

(Hey, I only have 2 garbers with the one at corrination, could I still go up as tribute?)
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Jace » Thu May 16, 2013 4:32 pm

I was thinking about stepping forward for this, but i got dragonmaster stuff to work on.
“Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing.” Euripides

Lord Jacelendrahz "Jace" Darkholme
Jace

Postby Dpdelcollo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:39 pm

I think I would like to participate in this. I checked with Dame Ailanthus and was told it was not too late, but that Thor's Refuge would need to select me as a tribute. I won't be able to make it to all the events, (Westmarch days for one) but would volunteer to be a tribute if my contributions would be competitive.
Dpdelcollo

Postby Dame Ailanthus » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:42 am

Now wait. Don't misquote me. TR has already submitted 4 tributes, which may be all they can support. I said you should check with your land to see if there was a role you could play. I have set up the rules but each land controls their participation in it. So, I have no problem with you participating, but I don't determine that either.
Dame Ailanthus

Postby Dpdelcollo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:27 pm

sorry. I guess I missunderstood. My apologies Dame Ailanthus. It sounds like a non-issue anyway judging by the sounds of crickets chirping. It looks like it ought to be fun for both the lands and the tributes. I look forward to seeing what people come up with with limited ingredients and hope Thor's Refuge wins a lot of donations to help our tributes.
Dpdelcollo

Return to Duchy of Thor's Refuge - Sacramento, CA