TR food fight Pie in the face

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Thor's Refuge

Moderators: Collin the Red, ravenb

Re: TR food fight Pie in the face

Postby Hannoske » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:39 pm

As I am not present at the park, I am not sure what may be happening off of this forum.

To make sure I am understanding/clear Pete, are you requesting I drop my participation/bid since I am not at risk?
Hannoske

Postby Erich » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:04 am

Contribute all you wish, JD. I am saying that if it comes to pass, I'll submit to having a pie thrown at me. Willingly. What I object to is people investing themselves with all manner of authority over the conditions and circumstances, such as "I bid X-amount, thus so-and-so must throw simultaneously", decreeing who shall be hit with what type of pie, or this glistening gem: "Hint Hint Monarch: you shouldn't let Erich buy out for less than the hundred I just offered."

Hint Hint: Nobody is going to command or make me do effing doodlysquat. I don't have to "buy" out of anything. What I will participate in and be subject to is solely and completely my decision. Not because someone is trying to buy laughs or get their own vicarious jollies at someone else's expense. The purpose is a charity fundraising effort, first and last, not a thinly disguised middle finger at anyone using the contrivance of a pie toss and assuming the right to dictate circumstances.
Erich

Postby Collin the Red » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:53 am

Guyvas, what are the current standings, who bid, how much, on who?
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Hannoske » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:56 pm

I will explain my thought process, as it seems I have upset you. I will first state, I have no animosity towards you, and I thought we always got along. This is not intended to be an offense or slight on you or anyone. I apologize for coming across that way.

-The first post has the following statement:
"$200 Orko (If Erich the Mad gets to do the pieing)"
-This told me that you are interested in pieing Orko.
-I figured, since you were willing to play, you would be a good target. So I offered my opening bid on you.
-Since I can't bid to throw the pie myself, I additionally placed a bid for someone who will apparently be there (Orko) to do the pieing.
-I added qualifiers to the second bid because I will not be present at the bid off to say, "no, I don't want to bid on that." I obviously didn't present that well enough. I wanted to prevent someone from saying "Well, you bid on Orko pieing Erich, so gimme your money even though Erich isn't being pied."
-I thought it would be fun to have two people, if they would be pieing each other, do it at the same time. This has the added benefit of who ever goes second not going over the top trying to one-up the person going first. As you stated, I have no authority to force you to do anything, and did not in any way intend to imply you had to do as I was requesting.
-I further added another option for the land to bring in more money for the event: not only bid on the person, but the pie. If you think it is a bad idea I can live with that. Cool, use regular whipped cream pies.
-Is the following clearer?
1) I opened with $50 in the jar that Erich the Mad gets pied.
2) Pretend it is the day to pie, and Erich has won a pie. I bid $50 so that Orko (who also won a pie) may pie Erich on my behalf. If everybody likes the idea, I think they should do it at the same time. As I understand the process, if I lose the "auction" part, this $50 is not due.

Prior to my post, people were identifying that someone could buy out for $2. I felt it appropriate to suggest to the monarch that they ensured the buy out for my bid was not lower than the total of the two parts. Would you buy out? I don't know. I know you have the resources to do so, if you so choose. I wished to ensure the fundraiser got the most out of it if you did. I, personally, like when people buy out. It raises more money for the cause (if the buy out system matches the bids).

Opinion piece: There is no dishonor in buying out. Someone who does should be thanked for participating. There is no dishonor in saying, "I do not wish to play." Someone who does should be respected and treated well, not cajoled and pushed to do what they don't want to.

As suggested by Collin, I am willing to accept a pie, and have it recorded if people so wish.
Hannoske

Postby Collin the Red » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Hannoske has donated via http://sfbfs.donorpages.com/VirtualDrives/AmtgardFoodFightTR/ the amount of $250.00 today.
In the note he says it is for his pie in the face pledges, any overages go to general donation.

Thank you Baron Squire Hannoske.
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Collin the Red » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Guyvas wrote:Tally so far:
$5 Kalandra
$10 Collin
$10 Tamara
$1 Belias
$200 Orko (If Erich the Mad gets to do the pieing)
$20* Leper
$30** Ka'a
$50* Guyvas
* means that the amount is doubled for counting purposes
** tripled for counting

so pending any last minute call from the governor Orko, Guyvas, Ka'a, Leper, and a MacAbee are on the firing line Sunday....$271.00 has been raised(yes I saw the * and **) . There is an additional $250 from Hannoske, but not sure if that will lead to someone else getting pied. I hope all bids have been paid or will be before the pies fly.
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:13 pm

When the hell did I get added?
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby Collin the Red » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:25 pm

When I found out who put money on Me and T.
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Hehehe. Bring spare tunics my friends
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:40 pm

So who got pied? 8D
My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, I would be nothing.
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Guyvas » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Orko got pie
Myself, Ka'a, Leper, Tamara, and Erich the Mad were pied for a total of $692 raised for Food Fight
Guyvas
Crimson Marauders
Bloodfog
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck with
Guyvas
Mr. Tittyface

Postby SirEuric » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:23 pm

That is so cool>:-/>>>
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Collin the Red » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:15 pm

as a pie in the face was the reason we got the $250 donation from Hannoske we are crediting the pie in the face total to be $782 very well done Guyvas
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Previous

Return to Duchy of Thor's Refuge - Sacramento, CA