Open House 2014

Discussion/Information about the Barony of Seven Sleeping Dragons

Moderators: Azalin, Kairos

Open House 2014

Postby Azalin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Open house is happening April 10-12 (the 2nd weekend of April), with booth hours from 10:30 AM till 4 PM. I am working on getting us 2 booths, like last year (for demonstration purposes).

I've also put us on the list of clubs interested in performing for the mainstage show. The mainstage show happens during the Saturday afternoon of open house and features dances, theatrical productions, and other showcases of talent. Our being on the interest list does not compel us to perform, however I would like to make the opportunity available to any SSDers who wish to participate, before the deadline comes up in late February/early March (I'm not sure what the exact deadline is). I'll try to bring this up at the park over the next few weekends.
Azalin

Re: Open House 2014

Postby Azalin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:41 pm

Cal Poly Open House: April 12th
This year we have a booth for Cal Poly Open House, which is a great opportunity to attract incoming freshmen (and get them interested in us, since we won’t actually see them at the park until fall) and catch a few local college kids as well.

The event will start at 10:30am and proceed until 4:00pm, at which point UPD will give us clearance to start packing up.

Based on last-year’s parking policy, parking will be available throughout campus. Enter the college via Highland (N. Perimeter, S. Perimeter, and Grand Avenue will be closed). The rest of campus will be closed to cars for the entire day (from 8am till about 5pm).

We will be in booths A24-A25 (the more popular side of Dexter lawn) this year. Refer to the attached map.

Flyers are a big plus at this event!

Start thinking about helping out at the booth!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Azalin

Postby Azalin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:10 pm

Since we only need a handful of volunteers at the booth at any one time, should we still meet at the park this week?

-Travis
Azalin

Postby Faye » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Ohyeahhey*this*weekend. I had totally forgotten about this. Um... well, we have enough new people who probably aren't on the e-mail list that having someone at the field would be good. Can we send most of the loaners with someone else (I nominate Kairos) and bring a handful to the booth for demo-purposes?

On a related note; what parts of the day do you currently have people helping for and when do you need people?
Faye

Postby Azalin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:36 pm

So far no one has volunteered.

I have a few swords for demo purposes and gear to share at the table + I got the shade structure. Deimos has the rest of the loaner gear and will be bringing it to the park on Saturday.
Azalin

Return to Barony of Seven Sleeping Dragons - San Luis Obispo, CA