Corpora Question

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Corpora Question

Postby Collin the Red » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:18 pm

Why do Cultural and fighting events at mid reign need to be held "on the same day at the same location"? Doesn't this make it more difficult to participate in both or drag the day out longer? Also, having A&S in doors makes sense, and Tourneys out doors makes sense, but few locations give the best of both. Could we allow (with an althing for the particular event) Autocrats for midreign to split the location or make it a 2 day event allowing all participants to be at their best for each? I have run into this issue a few time in my 7 years, I'm just wondering if we can work around it.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Re: Corpora Question

Postby Faye » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:08 pm

While I get where you are coming from, and understand how this could be more convenient for event-runners, I don't think it's a good idea, because it means that anyone who wants to enter items in A&S and fight in the tourney would have to be able to attend the event for both days. Sometimes, that just isn't possible. Having both events on the same day makes it easier for people to compete in both.
Faye

Return to General Discussion