Audit Q & A!

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Audit Q & A!

Postby Azus » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:35 pm

Ask your (serious) questions about filling out the audits! We'll try to answer them!

-please stay on topic
-lets avoid discussion about what is/isn't needed, that can go elsewhere

Go!
Azus

Re: Audit Q & A!

Postby Elysia_Tilde » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:51 pm

My first round of questions:

(P.4) If we had pro-tem monarchy between the last reign and this reign to fill positions that became vacant over the reign, should we give priority on the form to the previous elected officers or to the most recent pro-tem officers voted in on the althing?

(P.4) How do you want to show to PM’s reign dates since they’re not the same as the other officers?

(P.7) What exactly does “Visitors” entail on Attendance Summary? Is it a person listed on ORK under a different park?

(P.7) What does this phrase mean: “…and only once per weekend within the Kingdom.”?

(P.7) My park has fighter practices and park days. On my audit, I listed the 5 park days we held that month. On my “Unique monthly sign-ins”, does list have to be populated with only the people that came to the 5 park days I listed, or can I include other unique players from the fighter practices that I did not have room to list?
Elysia_Tilde

Postby Elysia_Tilde » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:05 pm

(P.7) It says, "Fill out the dates that your land had attendance. Priority should go to your regular weekly meetings."

If in a month, we had four park days plus fighter practice days, would I be required to fill the 5th line with a fighter practice? Even if by adding the fighter practice, that brings down the monthly average?
Elysia_Tilde

Postby Fiks » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi Elysia. Though not a BOD member, I have done many audits and I currently design and maintain the audit forms, so hopefully I can throw some experience and expertise into the discussion and help make sense of things. Lemme give you my opinions on some of these...

Elysia_Tilde wrote:(P.4) If we had pro-tem monarchy between the last reign and this reign to fill positions that became vacant over the reign, should we give priority on the form to the previous elected officers or to the most recent pro-tem officers voted in on the althing?

From the hip I'd say the most recent pro-tem officers, especially if they actually finished the term. That said, there's another factor to consider: who spent the most time in the position? If it was the previous officer who, say, stuck it out 'til the fourth month and only had to be replaced during the last month and a half, I'd put them on the form.

Elysia_Tilde wrote:(P.4) How do you want to show to PM’s reign dates since they’re not the same as the other officers?

Current PM (assuming you) goes in the Current Monarchy (right) column, so whomever was PM before goes in the Past Monarchy (left) column. Dates are assumed to be three months off of the Crown's per corpora. If that's not how your land is doing the PM election, might consider fixing that. Contact Kalevra and I in a PM/message on Facebook and we can offer advice on how to transition to a more corpora standard operation.

Elysia_Tilde wrote:(P.7) What exactly does “Visitors” entail on Attendance Summary? Is it a person listed on ORK under a different park?

Correct. Anyone who calls a different Amtgard park than your own their home. Like say if I came by and played Hitty Sticks with y'all for a day, you'd consider me a visitor to the park for your attendance, even if I didn't play anywhere else that weekend. Which would also mean you'd count me for your monthly unique count, see below. We only like to see visitors because we like to see how many people travel around. Also if a park has a high-visitor figure on a particular day while a bunch of neighboring parks have a low attendance day, it makes it more obvious where everyone went and the other parks are less likely to be scrutinized for low attendance.

Elysia_Tilde wrote:(P.7) What does this phrase mean: “…and only once per weekend within the Kingdom.”?

One of the more tedious parts of figuring out attendance for your park is your monthly unique count. By corpora, a player only gets counted at one park per weekend in the entire Kingdom. That means if I play at my park on Saturday, then went and hit up Wyvern's Spur Sunday 'cause I wanted to play my class for more than half a hour, only one of the parks can claim me for that weekend in their unique attendance count. Typically we have said that priority goes to the home park. In the past, neighboring parks have made Gentleplayer's Agreements that if they visited each other in the month, they can go ahead and claim the visitors from each other's parks as their own for a given weekend to bolster both park's numbers. This is something that you will have to address with your players and your visitors. When you have someone visit the park, ask them if they have or will play anywhere else in Westmarch and see if they want their unique attendance counted for a particular park that weekend, then make note next to their sign-in. Being proactive will save yourself some last minute efforts here. When in doubt, either don't count that person or poke the Kingdom Prime Minister, who is the one responsible for resolving attendance conflicts.

Elysia_Tilde wrote:(P.7) My park has fighter practices and park days. On my audit, I listed the 5 park days we held that month. On my “Unique monthly sign-ins”, does list have to be populated with only the people that came to the 5 park days I listed, or can I include other unique players from the fighter practices that I did not have room to list?

Fighter Practices, as long as they are scheduled in advance and sanctioned by the monarchy, are valid meetings by the rulebook and corpora. So if someone only showed up to a Fighter Practice in a given month, you can still count them for your monthly unique attendance.

Elysia_Tilde wrote:(P.7) It says, "Fill out the dates that your land had attendance. Priority should go to your regular weekly meetings."

If in a month, we had four park days plus fighter practice days, would I be required to fill the 5th line with a fighter practice? Even if by adding the fighter practice, that brings down the monthly average?

No, you do not have to list the fighter practices, unless that was the only meeting you had that week, then I'd say it's better than nothing. As above, you can still count the unique sign-ins for the fighter practices tho. The five lines per month are so that the form doesn't have to be changed every year to accommodate months that either have five full weekends or months that split the weekends between them. (Ie: at the beginning of the month, Saturday was October 31, the fifth Saturday and Sunday was November 1, the first Sunday. So Saturday parks would have had five meetings in October while Sunday parks would have had only four. Calendars why you so weird?? Stupid orbiting of the sun.)
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby SerenityBP » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:51 pm

Hello! Just 3 questions: When are these due? Are they turned in by mail or email? Where do I send it, as in what is the email address or mailing address?
SerenityBP

Postby Fiks » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:53 pm

SerenityBP wrote:Hello!

Howdy! Same disclaimer from above still applies. I hope my experience and observations will be useful to you and your questions:

SerenityBP wrote:Just 3 questions: When are these due?

Typically they are due a month after the end of the audit period. In this case, you can expect to have to turn them in by the end of this month for the July–December 2015 period. The official word hasn't been dropped yet. The soon to be elected BOD are the ones to set the official date. As the election for the BOD is this coming weekend, hopefully we'll know the official dates within a week or two. The Kingdom Calendar has the due date tentatively set as the 1st of February and I'll update the date when it's announced.

SerenityBP wrote:Are they turned in by mail or email?

Could be either. Back in the day, when the Kingdom was a Principality, we'd mail the audits to our parent Kingdom in order to impress. Typically though, audits are submitted by email or by uploading to a DropBox or similar webapp. Ka'a has graciously organized a Google Drive for the submitting of audits in the past and I know the Kingdom should have its own to utilize as well. This very website has been used in the distant past as well and there's a FTP account gathering cobwebs over there in the corner (/point).

SerenityBP wrote:Where do I send it, as in what is the email address or mailing address?

That will be up to Azus (who is KPM, the position that typically is in charge with the collection of the audits) to ultimately provide.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Return to General Discussion