Declaration for Summer 2022

General information, announcements, and discussions about Westmarch, Amtgard, and the LARPing life

Declaration for Summer 2022

Postby Dame Ailanthus » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:51 pm

Hey Westmarch, I know it’s a bit early, but I am excited to announce that I am going to be running for monarch next reign, and I have a team I’m really excited to work with, but I’ll let them introduce themselves.
An introduction for those of you who don’t know me.
I started playing in Santa Cruz Amtgard - Barony of Wavehaven in 1995. I have held every office, in lands from shire to kingdom. I was very active in the formation of Westmarch as a principality, but then stepped back for a few years. Four years ago I moved to the east coast and played in Goldenvale. It was really neat to be a part of a different culture and see how other folks play Amtgard. We moved back at the end of 2020, but COVID made me take a break. Since we have started playing again I’ve been having a great time seeing everyone and meeting a lot of new people. Most recently I stepped up as Guild Master of Knights. My goal there has been to make the knights and knighthood more accessible.
A few plans, should I be elected, are to
Make Conclave a more frequent event by planning monarchy travel days each month.
Restart the corpora committee.
Appoint a diversity and inclusion rep and with their help to plan some community building.
Make sure everyone who passed the knights’ circle gets knighted in the way they will most enjoy. I also think there are still more people to recognize.
I am excited to do this and could definitely use more help making cool stuff happen, so if you are wanting to be involved, please contact me.
Dame Ailanthus

Return to General Discussion