Crown Quals Scores and Placing

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Crown Quals Scores and Placing

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:43 pm

Corpora and Reeve's tests will be given next week, as well as voting. So get your dues in and study hard!
My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, I would be nothing.
Scorch Flamedancer

Re: Crown Quals Scores and Placing

Postby Guyvas » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:32 pm

that is a ton of 5's...you must have some amazing artists down there :lukor:
Guyvas
Crimson Marauders
Bloodfog
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck with
Guyvas
Mr. Tittyface

Postby Sybilla » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:42 pm

We certainly do
Lady Sybilla the Seamstress
Threads Through Time
Siar Geata's GM of Garbers
Sybilla

Postby Randy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Guyvas wrote:that is a ton of 5's...you must have some amazing artists down there :lukor:

Guyvas, STFU.
Randy

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:51 am

Everything that received a 5 totally and completely earned it. Even the lesser items submitted were still excellent. If you disagree with the scores, take it up with the five judges.
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Hannoske » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:33 am

Not to detract from the quality of the items entered, but the scores do seem higher than I am used to seeing. Since your table is lined up by score, and not judge, it is hard for me to tell if you have one judge that frequently disagreed, or if on some items it was more varied.

Example:
Scoot/Sybilla had a Blue shield that scored 4,4,4,4,3.6. That is almost perfectly in line.
Sybilla had a SG Animal Barding and a Court Doublet that scored 5,5,5,5,3.2. If the judges that scored 3.2 and 3.6 were the same person, these scores make sense. If not, then I would have to ask what they saw the others missed.

I guess what I am getting at, is there isn't really enough data to see the big picture. Don't know the judges, don't know if they were consistent, and I didn't see any of the entries. Because I over analyze everything, I would of course love to know more, but meh.

In the end, good job on qualifying and the good scores.

As an aside, I feel like I am missing info, does Thorn=Rose?
Hannoske

Postby Randy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:46 am

Karissa D'ann wrote: If you disagree with the scores

I will continue this a little more. If you disagree with the scores, move to Southern California and volunteer as a judge.
Randy

Postby Scoot » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:50 am

Yes. Thorn = Rose. She had the semi-common problem of coming out at first with a name that SEEMED to be a persona name, but it was her real name, and when she tried to pick Thorn as her persona name, it would never stick. Her full name became Lady Rose Thorn.

Lady Sybilla doesn't get called Sybilla much either. She often just gets called mom. And as far as her 5's... you should see what she entered. There's a reason she's Barony-Maxed on Orders of the Garber.
"Any attack on this monarchy would be useless. The Corpora is the ultimate power in the universe.
"The Corpora is insignificant next to the power of the Althing."
Scoot

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Sybilla is amazing, and I plan on posting a picture of her work soon to prove that she not only deserved all the 5's she got, but that last judge cheated her out of another, in my humble opinion.
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Rose » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:45 pm

Lady sybilla is a professional seamstress. As in she used to have a contract with the army to sew for them. The judge that scored her stuff lower gave a reason. It was "I'm not a fashion critic and don't know anything about clothes."

Most of the stuff other people entered was pretty normal. Food mostly always scores well, unless you mess up bad, and the badge I entered was cross stitched and looked pretty good, which it should have for the time I put in it.
Far dearer the grave or the prision illumed by one patriot name,
then the trophies of all who have risen on liberty's ruin to fame!
(Forget no the field, Thomas Moore)
Rose

Postby Jamon the Random » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Thank you Rose. I sorry Lady Sybilla if my judging may have offended you but I was picked as a judge at the last minute. Literally . You're talking about a guy who wears Blue cammies most of the day at least 5 days a week.
Last edited by Jamon the Random on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamon the Random

Postby Jamon the Random » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Though don't get me wrong I greatly appreciated the pants you made for me for Faire
Jamon the Random

Postby Jamon the Random » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Though I just said I wasn't a fashion critic I don't remember the "know much about clothes part", it just wasn't something I would normally wear.
Jamon the Random

Postby Randy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:15 pm

What your looking for in garb is the complexity of the project and the quality of the construction. Generally, a standard baronial level tunic has a keyhole neck, finished flatfelt/French seams, and one sinple piece if adornment (applique or something similar) most artisans I know (being squired to 4 serpant knights) wlould consider that a 3 - 4. Once you add more adornments, more complex (homemade) patterns, or higher quality materials (linen, silk, velvet) then your looking towards a 4-5, again relying on the quality of the construction.

What you don't want to see is holes in the seams, untrimmed strings, applique that isn't smooth, and the piece is symmetrical
Randy

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:10 am

Spud, everyone, every single judge was picked for the soul reason that they didn't have anything entered. You saw how many people showed up that day, who else could I have picked? Lee? Little Eyvet? If I had more choices and you said you didn't wanna be a judge, I would've moved on. But we didn't have that luxury.
Scorch Flamedancer

Next

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA