Spring/Summer 2014 Reign Declarations.

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Thor's Refuge

Moderators: Collin the Red, ravenb

Spring/Summer 2014 Reign Declarations.

Postby Clenawe » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:25 pm

Declarations will be officially open on 3/16/14, but I will be allowing any early declarations you'd like. Put 'em up!

Declarations will be closing 3/23/14 at one minute before midnight.
Clenawe

Re: Spring/Summer 2014 Reign Declarations.

Postby KalevraFallstar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:32 pm

I would like to officially declare for Champion.

I have an original quest line written up that will be play testing some of the recently released V8 Monsters, as well as utilizing an Experience System.

Along with that I have plans for a more scheduled battle game system for the weekly park day. I will also be holding monthly weapon, armor, and class equipment making classes.
KalevraFallstar

Postby Orko » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:59 pm

I would like to officially declare for Monarch for Thor's Refuge.

I believe that my experiences in Amtgard will lead to a fresh new understanding of the game that the park desperately needs. I plan to carry out my duties with the same care and solemnity that I give any fighter seeking improvement.

My plan is to run a reign focused solely on growing the park culturally, socially, and physically.

Thank you for your time.
Orko
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Guyvas » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:21 pm

I am declaring for Duke of TR, I want to get back to fun and silly, drama-free amtgard. I will help this park to heal and grow back to its former glory. I will treat everyone with respect and ensure proper communication between members of the populace as well as between the monarchy and the populace. I miss the fun days of Carmichael park and want to bring some semblance of them back for everyone's enjoyment every Sunday this reign.
Guyvas
Crimson Marauders
Bloodfog
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck with
Guyvas
Mr. Tittyface

Postby artemisentreri » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:40 pm

so contrary to what i was planing on doing. i will not be running for anything this term. i need to focus on other things right now
artemisentreri

Postby Clenawe » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:20 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, you declared candidates are:

For Duke:
Orko
Guyvas

For Chamion:
Kalevra

For Regent:
NOBODY. Really? Nobody?

For GMR:
NOBODY! Two offices undeclared?
Clenawe

Postby EffaniFallstar » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:30 pm

I really wanted to declare for Regent but I missed the deadline. I am going to try and qualify this weekend anyway to be considered for the position pro-temp.

Effani Fallstar
EffaniFallstar

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:22 pm

Question for the candidates for Monarch:

What is your standing on electronic media representing the park and who should have a say in how we are represented online?
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby TB » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:47 am

I have a couple of questions for the Dukal candidates:

Orko: If elected, will you actually show up to the park on a more regular basis and participate in more than the fighting part of the game? Will you wear garb and actually govern the land?

Guyvas: If you are elected will you actually be doing the work to govern the land, or will you simply sluff it off to Euric and Nakita and go fight?

To anyone that thinks these are harsh questions, please know that I have watched these two in their Amtgard careers for many,many years and I have seen the patterns that they have developed, so I want to make sure they are not going to repeat these if they are put in charge of the land.

TB
It's shameful.
Why can't people who dress in costumes and fight with toy weapons comport themselves with more maturity? - Asmund
TB
Terrible Bard

Postby Guyvas » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:12 pm

I think that Facebook is a decent tool but Caamtgard should be our main form of communication for amtgard business. The monarchy should be the ones administrating the pages except for where prior agreements have been made.
I have only asked Euric and Nakita for help in little things to expedite my work but I have always done 95% of the work I have done in office. No one had access to the ORK but myself when I was PM.
I have been wanting to help this park for the last year and a half and I want to bring back the fun and sillyness of Carmichael Park. I want to lead this park and help it grow again. I may consult people for advice but I will do this job.
Guyvas
Crimson Marauders
Bloodfog
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck with
Guyvas
Mr. Tittyface

Postby Orko » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:14 pm

TB wrote:Orko: If elected, will you actually show up to the park on a more regular basis and participate in more than the fighting part of the game? Will you wear garb and actually govern the land?

TB

I spent a lot of time sitting around thinking about whether I was going to answer this, I finally, today, decided that it was a good question and I was going to answer it.

Let me start off by saying that I love Amtgard. I've said more than once that I'm going to play this game for a very long time. I've always percieved myself as an Amtgarder with a ton of passion who reveres this game and the people in it.

That being said, when do I get to start being an Amtgarder again?

Orko: If elected, will you actually show up to the park on a more regular basis and participate in more than the fighting part of the game?

I've shown up at the park regularly for the last three months. I travel to other parks for events. I teach people how to fight. I go to fight practice regularly. I give rides so other people can participate in Amtgard. I involve myself in the game online and offline. I not only participate in battlegames, but run battlegames almost weekly.

Will you wear garb and actually govern the land?

I am willing to do whatever it takes to make sure people can percieve the way I feel about Amtgard through my actions and dedication. If people feel like they don't see me in garb often, I will make an effort to highlight when I am wearing it. If people feel like there are parts of Amtgard that I can more directly be involved in, I ask that you point me at those things and I will work my hardest to understand them. If anybody feels like I can still being doing more for Thor's Refuge, Amtgard, or myself, feel free to voice it now.

Otherwise, I will govern the land and seize the reins of Duke with the same zeal that I've had for this game throughout the years.
Orko
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Orko » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Ka'a Acklie wrote:Question for the candidates for Monarch:

What is your standing on electronic media representing the park and who should have a say in how we are represented online?

This is an interesting question. Electronic media is a really powerful tool for growth, recruitment, and atmosphere. Facebook, CaAmtgard, and every social media website shows how Amtgard is changing and evolving.

Who should have a say in how we are represented online?

I don't think it's my right to say. I think passionate Amtgarders should have the power to communicate however they want online! It's amazing to see all the different perspectives and projects of the people in the park.

If someone is misrepresenting Thor's Refuge or Amtgard, that's when it's role of the monarchy to step in.

With that in mind, if someone has a large project in mind, they should feel empowered to come to Monarchy so we can facilitate and guide them, as they see fit.
Orko
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Porkins » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Questions for all:
How do you feel about V8?

Duke candidates:
What do you feel is the biggest challenge for TR right now and how do you think you can help address it?
Food for thought question that doesn't need to be answered, how would not winning this election stop you from serving the park or starting the changes you want to see in the park?

Regent:
What plans do you have for Regenting?

Champion:
What is the biggest difference in your opinion between running v7 and v8 battlegames?

GMR:
Do you have any plans or thoughts as to how to increase the number and quality of reeves?

**edited for the regent**
Last edited by Porkins on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these- Paul Harvey
Porkins

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:44 pm

Denise is running for protem regent
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby KalevraFallstar » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Porkins wrote:Questions for all:
How do you feel about V8?

Champion:
What is the biggest difference in your opinion between running v7 and v8 battlegames?

Personally I love V8. I think it will have problems and loopholes and issues just like V7 does, because no rule system is perfect. The fun is in learning and exploring the new system.

The biggest difference between V7 and V8 battle games, in my opinion is this.... LIVES. They just are not as important as the used to be. The old team death match with 5 lives will become a thing of the past. New goal oriented battle games will become the standard.
KalevraFallstar

Next

Return to Duchy of Thor's Refuge - Sacramento, CA